New Video from Lieberman Software Explains Privileged Identities in Plain Language
(LOS ANGELES, CA – September 27, 2010) Lieberman Software Corporation, the Pioneers of Privileged Identity ManagementSM, today announced a new YouTube video entitled “Privileged Identities Explained”.
This 7-1/2 minute video presents, in plain English, essential facts about privileged identities:
- How privileged identities are different from personal logins.
- Where privileged identities can be found inside your organization.
- The challenges of discovering, securing, and managing them.
- The risks of failing to take control of privileged identities.
- Proven ways to secure, manage, and audit them.
Unlike personal login credentials, most organizations do not systematically manage the privileged identities that give individuals broad access to view and change data, alter configuration settings, and run programs on virtually every hardware and software asset on their network.
This means that in all likelihood your organization:
- Does not know where all of the privileged account logins exist on your network.
- Has no record of which privileged logins are known to different individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Has no proof of who has used privileged logins to gain access to each IT resource, when, and for what purpose.
- Has no way to verify that each of your privileged account passwords is cryptographically strong, sufficiently unique, and changed often enough to be secure.
“Lieberman Software is the recognized authority on privileged identities, having deployed its reliable, cost-effective privileged identity management solutions on so many of world’s largest and most secure corporate and government networks,” said Chris Stoneff, principal product engineer. “Our True Discovery™ technology leads the market by continuously tracking privileged identities present in administrator logins, computer services, and cross-platform software application tiers – without the time-consuming customization and costly, long-term professional services engagement required of competing solutions.”
About Lieberman Software
Lieberman Software provides privileged identity management and security management solutions that secure the multi-platform enterprise. By automating time-intensive IT administration tasks, Lieberman Software increases control over the computing infrastructure, reduces security vulnerabilities, improves productivity, and helps ensure regulatory compliance. As Pioneers of Privileged Identity ManagementSM Lieberman Software developed the first software in the marketplace to address this need. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA with a support office in Austin, TX. For more information, see www.liebsoft.com.
Product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.