Random Password Manager (RPM) protects your organization by automatically changing, securely storing, and providing audited retrieval of the privileged account passwords that grant access to your most sensitive data.
Random Password Manager secures the privileged accounts found throughout your IT infrastructure, including super-user logins utilized by individuals to change configuration settings, and install and run programs.
Automatically generate unique privileged passwords for each account in the enterprise. (Click to enlarge)
This enterprise password management product automatically randomizes administrator and root account passwords on the network, and allows temporary, audited retrieval of current passwords on demand. It ensures that each system maintains unique credentials, preventing one decrypted privileged password from providing unrestricted, anonymous access on the network.
All actions performed by RPM are logged and audited - providing a record of systems managed and passwords changed - helping organizations comply with regulatory compliance mandates.
How Random Password Manager Can Help Your Organization
Stay Secure As Your IT Infrastructure Changes
- Stronger Password Security. When malicious programs or unauthorized users attempt to access your computers and applications, they encounter RPM's unique, cryptographically complex and frequently changing credentials.
- Immediate User Recognition. Whenever the role of IT staff members change, RPM instantly allows or denies privileged access based on up-to-the-minute data it takes from your Role-Based Access Control system.
Eliminate Tedious, Error-Prone IT Tasks
- Improved IT Staff Efficiency. When your security policies require frequent changes to privileged account passwords, RPM updates these credentials immediately, eliminating hours of tedious, error-prone manual work.
- Faster Emergency Access. Whenever authorized IT personnel need privileged access for emergency firecall repairs, RPM grants the credentials without delay through a console that's accessible from web-enabled devices.
Reduce IT Audit Cost and Uncertainty
- Comprehensive Audit Trails. Each time authorized IT staff request privileged access, RPM creates an authoritative audit trail showing the requester, target system and account, date and time, location, and purpose of the request.
- Efficient Compliance Reporting. Whenever you must prove regulatory compliance with mandates such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, CAG-8 and NERC, RPM gives you detailed reports that eliminate the manual effort normally required to document that your privileged accounts are secure.
Monitor and Audit Privileged User Action
- Promote Accountability. Identify activities performed by privileged users through the session recording module.
- Gain Full Coverage. Trigger in-depth session recording as soon as privileged access is requested, recording all activity for the duration of the access period.
Random Password Manager builds upon its market-leading privileged password management capabilities with these additional features:
- Management and discovery of all leading computer platforms, including Windows, Linux, UNIX, OS/390, AS/400 and others.
- Support for Oracle databases, in addition to Microsoft SQL, as the data store.
- Flexible multi-factor authentication options, supports time-based authentication by email and SMS with no further hardware or software to buy, plus leading third-party hardware keys.
- Comprehensive integration between RPM and Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) / System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) / System Center Service Manager (SCSM).
- Fine-grain management features to protect assets in the cloud infrastructure – including physical and virtual systems, hypervisors, databases, middleware, line-of-business applications and remote access devices.
- Out-of-the-box integration with leading system and network management frameworks, SIEM solutions such as ArcSight and RSA enVision, and more.
- Deep integration with Privileged User Management (PUM) solutions like FoxT.
- Supports hardware-based encryption, using any PKCS#11 hardware provider, to achieve FIPS 140-2 levels 2 and 3 encryption.
- Awarded U.S. Army Certificate of Networthiness (CoN).
Upgrade to More Functionality
For even more enterprise password management functionality, see our flagship product Enterprise Random Password Manager. Compare products here.
Contact us today for more information on how RPM can help secure your organization.