Security is one of the top concerns about cloud computing and the on-demand business model. Worries over data privacy and financial exposure from data breaches may be the cloud service providers’ greatest roadblocks to new business.
As the cloud infrastructure grows so does the presence of unsecured privileged identities that hold elevated permission to access data, run programs, and change configuration settings on virtually all IT components. Identity Access Management products don’t control privileged accounts, and scripts can leave you vulnerable to security breaches and service disruptions by failing to locate or update all privileged accounts.
Enterprise Random Password Manager (ERPM) continuously discovers, tracks and updates passwords for privileged accounts in your cloud infrastructure. It detects the locations where privileged account credentials are in use – including physical and virtual operating systems, applications, databases, web services, tasks and more. It then secures these credentials and propagates the changes to interdependent accounts.
ERPM creates unique, complex passwords for each privileged account and changes them as often as your policies require. These unique credentials mitigate the threat of unauthorized peer-to-peer access.
Privileged Identity Management for the Cloud
These features make ERPM an ideal privileged identity management solution for cloud environments:
- Database Scale and Transparency, made possible by your choice of SQL Server or Oracle databases for the data store. ERPM scales to meet the needs of today’s on-demand IT infrastructure, leveraging your existing monitoring and administration tools while retaining the benefits of your in-house DBA expertise.
- Unmatched Breadth of Protection, provided as ERPM continuously auto-discovers and secures new hardware and applications as soon as they’re deployed on your network. ERPM secures and propagates the necessary credentials across interdependent accounts to prevent the service disruptions and application lockouts that can occur when manual processes fail to account for interdependencies.
- Global Accessibility, achieved through a secure web interface that gives authorized staff fast access to privileged account credentials for routine system maintenance or emergency, fire-call repairs. Delegated workflows save IT management time by providing fine-grain control over the individuals and roles that can either recover passwords or make case-by-case requests. An option for RDP access ensures that contract and vendor personnel never see a password.
- Collaborative Multi-Tenancy lets you grant customers access to privileged accounts anywhere in their hardware and software stack and to create detailed audit reports for their relevant systems, applications and accounts.
- Immediate Role-Based Control, as ERPM authenticates with leading directory services to reflect accurate, up-to-the-second permissions; authorizing the correct levels of access as soon as personnel roles change.
- Support for Complex Enterprise Networks, through a Zone Processor feature that minimizes network traffic and assures reliable discovery and management over slow and expensive WAN links. It also maintains secure and reliable communication when managing systems inside your network DMZs.
- Out-of-the-Box VM Support, with discovery and control of privileged accounts present on VMs in VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V environments, and automated remediation of hypervisor account passwords.
- Unbeatable Integration with third-party helpdesk, trouble ticketing, network and systems management frameworks, and security integration and event management (SIEM) applications. An Event Sink interface helps you configure communication with third-party applications; and an SDK supports deep integration at no added cost.
ERPM secures physical and virtual systems in your IT environment
Want to Learn More? Get the whitepaper now.