Lieberman Software delivers out-of-the box integration between Enterprise Random Password Manager™ (ERPM) and BMC Remedy. This integration is available at no extra cost to all maintained ERPM customers, extending the power of BMC Remedy to deliver:
- Better IT service levels. IT staff get fast, privileged access to systems and applications through the familiar BMC Remedy interface. There’s no time wasted seeking manual approvals, so IT service is maintained with maximum efficiency.
- Improved governance and security. Together the products grant privileged access only to the extent needed to resolve each IT service issue, and only if properly authorized through BMC Remedy. This helps ensure that your organization’s security policies are met.
- Easier, faster compliance reporting. Authorized IT administrators can view authoritative documentation of each privileged password check out request including each requester and IP address, time stamps and the reason for each request. Privileged identity management events can automatically open and update trouble tickets inside BMC Remedy to help you maintain continuous compliance.
The integration between BMC Remedy and Lieberman Software’s solutions provide improved oversight to help organizations meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and regulatory compliance requirements – continuously auditing all access to privileged accounts and providing authoritative records to prove compliance.
Lieberman Software and BMC Remedy Integration
The Lieberman Software integration makes BMC Remedy your point of control for privileged password security and compliance. These products ensure that only authorized staff can access sensitive systems, only with an approved purpose, and for a limited amount of time – quickly providing authoritative, real-time reports of privileged access policies and histories to authorized management personnel.
The integration ensures that your IT staff can access only those systems and applications with relevant, open BMC Remedy incidents. All privileged password checkout/check-in transactions become part of the trouble ticket record, are audited and are available for review by IT management and auditors.
ERPM is the first privileged identity and access management solution capable of verifying trouble ticket information on a range of trouble ticketing platforms, ensuring that only users who provide valid ticket data can receive passwords to access sensitive systems. The Lieberman Software products do so by:
- Verifying that the BMC Remedy ticket exists
- Confirming that the ticket number is for the requested system
- Validating that the ticket is currently open
- Verifying that that the IT staff member who opened the ticket is authorized for privileged access to the relevant systems and applications
Once these criteria are met, the trouble ticket is also logged into ERPM along with details of the account, system(s), requester, time stamp, IP address and similar information. Only then is the privileged account password released to the IT staff member.
For more information about the benefits of the Lieberman Software and BMC Remedy integration, contact an account manager.