Many of today's regulatory mandates require multi-factor authentication when requesting privileged access. Use of multi-factor authentication can help safeguard your organization against common hacker exploits. For example, by deploying out-of-band multi-factor authentication using email or SMS delivered to IT staff cell phones – available at no added cost – you can defeat many social engineering attacks by adding an additional verification of password requestors' identities.
Lieberman Software's privileged identity management solutions offer enhanced security by providing out-of-the-box integration with the SafeNet Authentication Service. Enterprise Random Password Manager (ERPM) and Random Password Manager (RPM) can be configured to require 2-Factor Authentication using SafeNet with one click of a button. This integration is supported for use with the E/RPM management console (for E/RPM application administrators) as well as for use with the password retrieval website (for end-users).
The SafeNet Authentication Service supports tokens and tokenless authentication methods. Choose from a wide range of phone, software, SMS and physical tokens, or consider the GrIDsure tokenless method. All SafeNet Authentication Service tokens allow customizable length and complexity of both the passcode generated by the token and the user's PIN, allowing organizations to control their security posture.
The Authentication Process
- Users will enter their usernames and passwords to gain access to E/RPM as normal.
- Users will be prompted for the SafeNet Token Code:
- Depending on how your organization deploys SafeNet, Token Codes will be sent to users via phone, SMS text message, email, etc.
- After users successfully enter their SafeNet Token Codes, they will be authenticated to the E/RPM management console or password retrieval website.
- SafeNet 2-Factor Authentication usage is recorded in E/RPM audit logs for compliance purposes.
The integration with SafeNet is included with your purchase of ERPM or RPM for free – note you will need to acquire the SafeNet Authentication Service itself. For more information on Lieberman Software's SafeNet 2-Factor Authentication integration, please contact an account manager.