Lieberman Software Celebrates Record Growth in 2008 and Innovation in Privileged Account Password Management
Revenue and Customer Base Increase Through Enterprise Products Focus and Expansion of Security Management Product Line
(LOS ANGELES, CA – January 21, 2009) Lieberman Software Corporation today announced that the company set record sales for 2008 -- 35 percent higher than 2007, its previous best year. Lieberman Software has been a profitable, management owned company since its inception, and this increase continues the trend of consistent, long term growth.
“More than ever, the enterprise is threatened with security vulnerabilities that can impact data protection and regulatory compliance,” said Philip Lieberman, president and CEO of Lieberman Software. “As a result, there is an increased demand for privileged account password and configuration management products to maintain oversight control of the IT infrastructure, reduce the threat of security breaches, and rapidly resolve systems problems throughout the network. Our knowledge of the Windows operating system, and other key enterprise technologies, position us to continue delivering innovative security management solutions to a rapidly growing market.”
Lieberman Software’s record growth was fueled by several achievements including:
- Strong Growth and Customer Success: Lieberman Software’s 2008 growth was spurred by an increase in large enterprise-level sales and continued growth throughout its customer base, from departmental installations to enterprise deployments. The focus on the enterprise enabled the company to sell larger product licenses into major corporations in every vertical market segment, and into government agencies.
- Product Innovation Success: One factor contributing to the penetration of enterprise accounts in 2008 was the release of the company’s new privileged account password management solution, Enterprise Random Password Manager. Lieberman Software pioneered the privileged account password management market by introducing the first product in this space, a market that Gartner now estimates will grow to encompass more than 50% of large enterprises by 2010. Large organizations maintain an extensive infrastructure of systems which are controlled with privileged passwords, and recent high profile security breaches highlight the serious consequences that can result when sensitive administrator or root account passwords are accessed by unauthorized sources. Enterprise Random Password Manager automatically discovers, updates, stores, and recovers every local, domain, and process account password in the network, and propagates changes to all of the objects in the enterprise that use these privileged credentials.
- Industry Recognition: The company was selected by Network Products Guide as a 2009 Hot Companies finalist for its outstanding performance, product vision and growth potential. The 2009 Hot Companies winners will be announced and honored at the 2009 “World Executive Alliance Summit” in San Francisco, California on March 26-27, 2009.
- Company Leadership: Key hires in 2008 included Jess Richter as Director of Sales. Richter oversees all aspects of the company’s worldwide sales strategies. Prior to joining Lieberman Software, he served in various sales management and business development roles with Microwarehouse, Dun & Bradstreet, and IBM. Lieberman Software also anticipates continuing its aggressive hiring practices for all departments in the company, particularly sales and development.
- Key Partnerships: Lieberman Software continues to maintain strong strategic alliances in varying capacities with Microsoft, Cisco, Novell, Red Hat, BMC Software, Oracle, Intel, IBM, nCipher, and RSA. The company has recently completed several new RSA SecurID and Intel product certifications.
Lieberman Software’s plans for 2009 include further expansion into international markets, an emphasis on expanding support for multiplatform enterprises, and the release of upgrades across the entire product line.
About Lieberman Software Corporation
Lieberman Software provides privileged identity management and configuration management solutions that help control the local security of the cross-platform enterprise. By automating time intensive systems administration tasks, Lieberman Software increases control over the IT infrastructure, subsequently reducing security vulnerabilities, improving productivity, minimizing system failures, and ensuring compliance. Since 1994 Lieberman Software has been providing solutions which ensure that the largest corporate, education, and government enterprises remain managed, secure, and compliant. The company is a managed Microsoft Gold Certified Partner headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, with an additional office in Austin, TX. For more information, see www.liebsoft.com.
Gartner, Inc., “Market Overview: Shared-Account/Software-Account Password Management Tools”", Ant Allan, 9 April 2008.
Product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
For more information, please contact:
Marketing Communications Manager
Lieberman Software Corporation