Lieberman Software's 2012 Cloud Security Survey, conducted at the 2012 Cloud Security Alliance Congress, reports on the opinions of IT professionals toward the viability of the cloud as a resource for secure data storage and management.
- 88% of IT professionals believe that some of their data hosted in the cloud could be lost, corrupted or accessed by unauthorized individuals.
- 86% of respondents think that their organization's cloud deployment has been successful, and 56% think that their move to cloud services has saved their organization money.
- However, only 46% of the same respondents think that their move to the cloud has increased their organization's IT security.
- And, 86% of survey respondents choose to keep their more sensitive data on their organization's network, rather than the cloud - while 51% do not trust their personal data to the cloud.
- 48% of those surveyed said the thought of government or legal action deters them from keeping data in the cloud.
- 50% of respondents work in organizations with more than 5,000 employees.
Download our white paper Privileged Identity Management in the Cloud.
Cloud Security Survey Analysis
Results of this survey suggest that enterprises are eyeing significant cost savings potential in migrating to the cloud, but are still concerned about data security. The success of cloud vendors and their customers can only occur when security is at least equivalent to what can be provided by on-premises solutions. Poor security in the cloud and the lack of transparency by some cloud vendors are likely still inhibiting cloud adoption.
Lieberman Software's privileged identity management product, Enterprise Random Password Manager (ERPM), locates, updates and tracks privileged account passwords. ERPM delivers fine-grain management features to protect every asset in the cloud infrastructure – including physical and virtual computers and network appliances, hypervisors, middleware, line-of-business applications and more. With ERPM, cloud service providers can assure both customers and IT auditors that privileged access to sensitive data is continuously monitored and secured.
Want to Learn More?
Download a free copy of our white paper Privileged Identity Management in the Cloud.
Get Instant Access